- Car repair/service
- Hairdressing and hairstyling
- Home baking and meal preparation
- Pet grooming and pet sitting
- Singing or Instrument Instructors
- Retail sales from home
- If you operate an HBB on post and aren’t yet approved, now’s the time to get official.
- We’ve recently streamlined processes, so they’re easier than ever. You can get approved within 30-60 days.
- Moving your HBB from another installation? If you were approved there, the process is even easier!
- New Army guidance directs installations to “find a way to say yes” to HBB owners – so we’re prepared to make this easy for you.
- Operating an HBB from your quarters without approval can violate policy and get you in trouble.
Home Based Business Information
Home Based Businesses (HBBs) are an important contributor to Army Family quality of life – new changes to procedures makes it easier and quicker gain approval to operate an on-post HBB.
HBBs allow Families to work from their Army quarters, developing rewarding careers that follow them through PCS moves. The wide span of HBBs operated by Army Families includes:
Home Based Business approval is quick and easy!
The Army’s new standardized HBB application template streamlines the approval process. Of course, installations are still required to adhere to local and state laws and regulations regarding home business operations, so check into those, too.
HBB owners need to obtain approval from the garrison commander or senior commander. We’ve recently streamlined the process to make it quicker and easier. Please see the links below for the application and SOP for USAG Daegu.
Home Based Business Approval Process
Step 1: Obtain the HBB Application from the website or in person at the DFMWR Headquarters Bldg.
Step 2: Complete the Application. This includes visiting and obtaining approval from installation agencies like the housing office and community housing manager. If you need any additional documentation (like licensing or certifications), get that, too. If you have questions feel free to reach out to our DFMWR representative.
Step 3: Turn in the Application: Once you’ve completed your paperwork, submit the application to your Garrison DFMWR. Keep a copy of the completed application for your own records.
Within 30-60 days, you should get notification of approval. Simple!
Get approved now!
Don’t delay. Get your Home Based Business registered today by contacting your local DFMWR!