CYS is looking to hire Child & Youth Program Assistant (CYPA) and Lead CYPA positions. CYPA positions are available at all USAG Daegu CYS facilities! Applicants would be working with children and youth ages 6 weeks to 18 years old. Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) positions are open to all qualified candidates eligible for appointments under U.S. employment conditions. Interested candidates may apply through the Virtual Job Fairs being held every third Friday of the month (21 May, 17 June, 16 July and 20 August~ subject to change) This announcement is available Korea-Wide only. Applicants who live outside of Korea WILL NOT be considered. U.S citizens overseas under ordinary resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Conditions of Employment
- Must be at least years old or a 17 year old dependent of a Service Member or Department of Defense Civilian Employee.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required
- Meet qualifications, eligibility, physical, and background requirements for this position
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policies including the annual influenza vaccinations
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable)
- Successful completion of annual (or transition) training requirements within the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required
- May be subject to irregular hours, to include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
- Completed and signed DA3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- For positions in the Child Development Centers, individuals must possess and maintain the ability to lift and carry 40lbs, walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis
- Incumbent is legally required to report all suspected incidents of child abuse and/or neglect
- Individuals who have been trained will be required to administer medications prescribed by a physician to children/youth, perform CPR and first aid, and aid in providing reasonable accommodations to children/youth with special needs
- Travel to on and off post locations may be required. Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors
- Step 1 of Application Process
Interested applicants must submit the following documents (in PDF format) between 7:30am and 10:30am every third Friday of the Month (21 May, 17 June, 16 July and 20 August~ subject to change) to the email address email@example.com :
- Current resume with current APO AP or local Korean address and phone number. (please also indicate the position title you are interested in)
- High School or College Transcripts
- PCS orders and DD214 (if applicable for Military Spouses claiming SEP and for Veteran claiming OAV)
Emails and documents received by 10:30am will be reviewed by NAF HR personnel for eligibility and qualification. Emails and documents received after 10:30am will not be considered for hire.
- Step 2 of Application Process
Applicants will receive an email informing them if they are being referred or not. Those who are referred will be instructed to wait for a telephone interview call. Telephone interviews will be conducted on the same day between 1pm and 6pm by CYS personnel. Referred applicants must be available to accept phone calls between these hours.
For questions regarding the Virtual Recruitment Fair, Please email: